Łódź (Florentino/Flo and Fermina/Fer)

documenting the life on streamed black stork nests
Madli

Re: Florentino and Fermina (Łódź)

Post by Madli »

Justyna wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 09:48
If you want, can I complete the entries with all Piotr's notes from the beginning of the season?
No that is not nescessary. Let's not disturb the timeline :D

And what happened to the dead chick? I noticed that it is gone?
Madli

Post by Madli »

June 6

The piano player toes :)
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

Madli wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 09:54
Justyna wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 09:48
If you want, can I complete the entries with all Piotr's notes from the beginning of the season?
No that is not nescessary. Let's not disturb the timeline :D

And what happened to the dead chick? I noticed that it is gone?
It lies on the edge of the nest on the left, you can't see it that well anymore
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

A quiet morning with Flo and the storklet

Justyna

Post by Justyna »

6 June 2022

Piotr Zieliński at 21:00

The chicks have been alone for 81 minutes this morning. Flo got hungry and left without waiting for Fer. But then he politely waited for the Fer to come back, so they don't want to leave the chicks alone yet, although we can expect these unattended periods to lengthen, but gradually. A bit of a disagreement is that Flo had a little feed in the morning at 5:29 am and then flew out hungry. I still had time to watch this morning feeding. Flo spat something out, but it wasn't food. The chicks did not eat it. We also do not include this feeding. I also watched Flo feeding at 3:14 pm - there were frogs and weatherfish
(Marika: Misgurnus fossilis - is a species of true loach.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misgurnus_fossilis)

Feeding Flo x 3, Fer x 4 - feed alternately, Fer slightly more often.

Change x 5

Deliveries - Flo complicates us again. At 5:19 he climbed a thick branch. He sat there for 4 minutes and came back with a small stick and a few leaves in his beak, but he had. So we count him one delivery, although he did not overflow.

Transmitters
the one from 2020 from Piotrków forest district stopped in Ukraine south from Moldova. I think he will spend the summer there.
the one from 2020 from Spała forest district is still on the Słudwia, the s-m store bypasses
So two birds from the same year are in different countries.

Justyna helped me to understand and correcting the GT translation in her post. After a moment of correspondence, we came to a clarification:
Just in the place where this stork from Spała appears, Piotr spotted a grocery and liquor store and that's why he joked lately that the stork bypasses this store
s-m = sklep monopolowo spożywczy (= liquor and grocery store)

(Marika: Słudwia is a river in Central Poland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C5%82udwia_(river)
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

7 JUNE 2022

Piotr Zieliński at 21:00

Change
Today there were 4 shifts, Fer landed for the night - as usual anyway. In the morning at 8:16 Fer went on a trip to the left branch, returned at 8:59, but she was still next to her, that is, the chicks were guarded by her.

Fer flew away (far) at 9:09 and only then the chicks were left alone.Fer flew away after 13 hours and 41 minutes of duty - she had the right to get hungry. Yesterday Flo flew away and left the chicks alone after 17 hours and 15 minutes of duty - he also had the right to get hungry. Yesterday the chicks were completely the same 81 minutes, today they were alone twice, in total they were unguarded 3 hours and 52 minutes, so that gradually this time is getting longer. The chicks are already 19 days old.

Feeding
If parents bring something, they collect instantly. At 4:48 Fer was kind of fed. But it was a typical spit out. The chicks tried to eat it because they always try to eat what the parent dumps. But they tried it and they didn't particularly like it, because they didn't eat greedily. That is, this feeding Fer does not count. These were undigested leftovers, not food. Chicks will shed it at the first opportunity. Fer - 2 feedings, Flo - 4 feedings. But Flo changed tactics. When he came back the second time, he brought some trifle and did not dump everything at once, only a little bit during three feedings and Fer - one arrival - one feeding. At 17:29 Fer brought only frogs (there were no fish there).

Both chicks develop well. 16:44 one stands on straight legs and flaps his wings. 16:56 - the same second.

14:27 visit of a buzzard

Transmitters:
- the one from Piotrków forest district, hatched 2020 - Ukraine near Moldova,
- the one from Spała forest district, hatched 2020 - still peat bogs on the Słudwia (without a store),
- the one from Kutno forest district, hatched 2021 - a curiosity here, stok is still flying to the north, it's already near Pardubice in the Czech Republic (I think he flew to see Velká pardubická, but I don't know if there will be a race now)

edit Marika:

prof. PZ: "I think he flew to see Velká pardubická, but I don't know if there will be a race now" :mrgreen:
- Velká pardubická is a famous cross-country steeplechase run in Pardubice, Czech Republic since 1874 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velk%C3%A ... bick%C3%A1)

prof. PZ: "I don't know if there will be a race now"
- it will be: the 132nd on 09.10.2022 https://zavodistepardubice.cz/132-velka ... jistovnou/
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

June 8

Since Piotr left from today until Monday, I will publish my summaries of the day.

CHANGEs
Today there were 4 shifts, for the night is Fer.

DELIVERIEs
In the morning at 6:51 Fer went to the bough on the left, then at 6:53 flew away from the bough,decided to make several deliveries mainly dry grass,moss in total Fer made during the day 3 deliveries and our Flo only 2 stick and moss.

FEEDINGs
Well, now it's time for feeding,Fer fed 5 times and Flo 4 times.

CHICKS ALONE
Our little ones were alone today only2 times from 8:55 to 10:30 and from 10:35 to 12:58.

Our storks at 8:23 one practiced standing on his feet and flapping his wings, the other also practiced.

Of the events during the day we had: 6:20:09 visit families of wild boars, at 13:20 Fer sees the threat takes a defensive position, at 13:23:07 we see the flight of a buzzard from left to right under the nests.So many novelties for today.
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

June 9

SHIFTS
Today there were 4 shifts, again for the night in the nest is Fer.

DELIVERIES
Today's deliveries were 6, 2 deliveries of Fer moss, dry and wet grass, 3 deliveries from Flo moss, dry grass.

FEEDINGS
7 - Feeding Flo 4 times one very abundant (video), Fer 3 times

CHICKS ALONE
The storks were the same 3 times today from 7:36 to 8: 08, 9:50 to 11:56, 17:41 to 17:56.

At 15:07 there was a downpour at our storks. So many new things for today.

Image Image Image
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

10th of June

CHICKS ALONE:
Our chicks were today 5 times from 7:31 to 7:48, from 9:55 to 10:31, from 11:35 to 14:21, from 15:10 to 16:38, from 16:42 to 18:35 .

DELIVERIES
Today there was only one dry grass delivered by Fer.

FEEDINGS
Today there were 6 feedings, of which Flo fed 3 times and Fer fed 3 times, i.e. equal to each other.

So many news for today.
Madli

Post by Madli »

Justyna, thank you very much for these daily overviews! I enjoy reading them at the end of the day ;)

And I'm very happy that everything is working great in the nest and the chicks are happy and growing well!
Do you know if they will be ringed / named at some time?

Return to “POLAND streamed nests”