Łódź (Florentino/Flo and Fermina/Fer)

documenting the life on streamed black stork nests
Madli

Re: Łódź (Florentino/Flo and Fermina/Fer)

Post by Madli »

Justyna wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 21:58
Justyna, thank you for the work in this thread, and thanks for the updates, they are intetesting to read!
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Madli wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 22:24Justyna, thank you for the work in this thread, and thanks for the updates, they are intetesting to read!
- I edit Justyna's contributions at her request both in terms of content/translation (I also add information if necessary) and formally
- every evening I am at the chat and I save the original Polish text for myself and to help Justyna
- and yesterday I immediately informed you about the information that interested you
Madli

Post by Madli »

marika.solo wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:26
I didn't forget you :P

Thank you also very much for the contributions here and in the other threads.
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

marika.solo wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:26
Madli wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 22:24Justyna, thank you for the work in this thread, and thanks for the updates, they are intetesting to read!
- I edit Justyna's contributions at her request both in terms of content/translation (I also add information if necessary) and formally
- every evening I am at the chat and I save the original Polish text for myself and to help Justyna
- and yesterday I immediately informed you about the information that interested you
Marika, I am very grateful to you for your help :) thank you :*
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Justyna wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 12:29Marika, I am very grateful to you for your help :) thank you :*
Hi Justyna,
no problem :-) , it takes a little time, but I'm very happy to do it for you, for us all

I was only missing a thank you from Madli :mrgreen:
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Piotr Zieliński (Justyna is away)

Today is a day without emotions, and from 4 pm it has been raining
Figo/M still didn't pass the rope test, he doesn't have to, but he could at least try

FEEDINGs
- Feeding x 4
- Flo x 3, Fer x 1
- most interesting was the feeding by Florentino at 10:38: It can be seen that Florentino brought at least 3 fish; 2 whales and one medium fish; Figo/M caught the first and Fago/F the second and the medium fish, of course, Figo again, who managed to deal with the first pike
- then there was Fermina traditionally with frogs
- and finally Florentino with a fry-and-tadpole trinket
- Florentino must have a small and drying pool somewhere (pond) where it is easy for him to catch such a trifle

STORKLETs
- the chicks were not very active today, the transmitters showed that they were nowhere to go, this is also just ahead of them

TRANSMITTERs
- the stork from Piotrków showed that he still liked Moldova (is in the north of Moldova, near the border with Ukraine)

storks hatched in 2022 with transmitter from the other nest:
- so far none of our storks have left Poland yet

Q
Ala Ja-ska: How many storks have you equipped Piotr with loggers this year?
A
Piotr Zieliński: @Ala Ja-ska 12
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation

THE STORY OF FINEZJUS
Piotr Zieliński: Justyna asked about Finezijus, Finezjus is Gapcio's brother from 2020

On August 16, 2020 he flew out of the nest with Gapcio. They were doing well at first. They flew together for the first night. They spent the night near Koniecpol. But after the first night they got lost and never met again.

Finezjus flew towards the Bieszczady Mountains. In the Bieszczady Mountains, it flew along the San River, between Otryt and Połoniny. On August 26 he flew through the Beskid Pass near Menczyło. (Marika: https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menczy%C5%82_(Bieszczady) - PL - UA border)

The whole of September stork was feeding in Bulgaria and in the European part of Turkey. On October 15, 2020, he flew into Asia through the Sea of Marmara. On October 24, 2020 he flew to Africa near Hurghada. On October 30, 2020 he flies to Eritrea and Ethiopia - and winters there.

In April 2021 he moves north. He spends May, July and August 2021 in Bulgaria. On August 23 end of data. I also suspect that something happened to the transmitter and not to the stork. But maybe someone else will notice him?

Finezjus liked Bulgaria. There are also breeding black storks there. Maybe he chose Bulgaria?
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

July 31

Piotr Zieliński 21:00

It stops raining, the young are drying, the transmission is slowed down, but the most important thing is that everything works, you can go back, watch what happened, and tomorrow a weekday and a new month to that, maybe something will improve. (Marika: there are problems with streaming)

FEEDINGs
- there is no aesthetic impression from Florentino's majestic raid on the nest, but the voice works, also if there was a feeding, for sure we would hear it
- feeding x 0
- In such weather, the parents probably foraged, but with little success/poor results, and therefore was no feeding
- for our young 1 day without eating is nothing terrible and if they get very hungry, they will fly out to look for something to eat
- for now, they prefer to wait for the food to arrive - so far it has arrived

STORKLETs
- Fago: 14: 12 out - 16:11 Fago returns
- Figo and Fago transmitters showed nothing, which means that Fago did not fly out of the forest
- in the forest the signal is weaker and the transmitter could not connect, especially in such weather
Q
Ala Ja-ska: Peter, did Fago tell you where she flew for two hours? Or was she sitting on a nearby one?
A
Piotr Zieliński: @Ala Ja-ska - yes, further nearby

Q
Silka: Tomorrow it will not rain anymore and a nice, sunny week is going to be, the nest will probably be empty more often ...
A
Piotr Zieliński: @Silka - if the sunny weather lasts for a week, it will be the optimal ending of their stay in the nest
Q
Ala Ja-ska: Oh, nooo, not yet
A
Piotr Zieliński: @Ala Ja-ska - one more week, approx

Q
Joanna: I bet that they will stay with us for another 2 weeks. Piotr, if they want, better not, because we will start to worry that they are too long
A
Piotr Zieliński: @Joanna - let them be as long as they want. We're just watching - if it is natural, let them sit even for a long time. This will also be interesting.

TRANSMITTERs
In such weather, the transmitters aim poorly/are week, but the one from the sunny Moldova has dropped the signal that he is still there and is doing well
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

August 01

STORKLETS
- there were fly out by the young, but the transmitters showed that within a radius of only 200 m, so that is, they still did not dare to a further depart
- mam nadzieję, że nasze młode się rozlatają w tym tygodniu - Marika: I have hope, that in this week the young are flying apart (but it is not exatly :-( )
- after the heat, there will be storms again

FEEDINGs
- feeding: Flo x 2, Fer x 1
- Fermina, traditionally frogs
- Florentino first a frog-tadpole-fry cocktail (a lot), then frogs

VISITs
- there were no visits

TRANSMITTERs
- this stork from Moldova did not send a signal today

Q
TinaT: I am wondering now ... theoretically by when should young storks go on their journey?
A
Piotr Zieliński: @TinaT some start at the end of September only
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

August 02
Justyna is busy today

FEEDINGs
- today only two feedings
- first Flo brought the frogs, Fer returned to the nest right after 19h, then Fer brought - frogs too
- since Fer arrived at 19:02, it was with food, but she only waited 9 minutes and flew away - she did not come back to the nest before dark to check if there were chicks; that is, less and less cares about them and she ate the food herself

CHICKs
- transmitters showed not much - again, none flew farther from the nest, but in the morning it was downpour, they didn't feel like flying

Q
Joanna: They will still stay with us
A
Piotr Zieliński: @Joanna - it looks like they won't be splashed any day (?)(@Joanna - na to wygląda, że nie prysną nam lada dzień)
Q
Joanna: Good for us, good for them? ... I don't know
A
Piotr Zieliński: @Joanna - good for them too, they are fed and it's relatively early in the season

VISITORs
- 09:44 - deer visit from the right; 11:15 - visit of a deer; 12:35; 13:44;

TRANSMITTERs
- other transmitters did not dump data

Return to “POLAND streamed nests”