BS from the nest of ŁODZ

Justyna

Re: BS from the nest of ŁODZ

Post by Justyna »

October 03

FB Bociany Czarne Online - transmisja RDLP w Łodzi https://www.facebook.com/groups/bociany ... 236274390/

Figo i Fago bez zmian: Figo - E Rumunia (1.10.2022), Fago SE Turcja (25.09.2022)

edit Marika:
without change
Justyna wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 18:12
thx Justyna :-) this news in our FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/556323 ... 821795264/
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

#bocianyczarneonline 🎬 FIGO I FAGO W PODRÓŻY
Fago wleciała do Azji 23 września 2022 przelatując 20 km nad zachodnią częścią Morza Marmara, natomiast Figo wleciał do Azji 3 października przelatując nad cieśniną Bosfor w miejscu, gdzie szerokość cieśniny wynosi 1,04 km. Od świątyni Hagia Sophia w Stambule przeleciał w odległości 8 km. Zatem obydwa bociany wybrały wariant omijający konieczność wielogodzinnego przelotu nad otwartym morzem🧐.

Oczywiście przelot przez Morzem Marmara nawet w najszerszym miejscu (80 km) jest w zasięgu możliwości bociana czarnego, ale nad wodą nie ma prądów wznoszących, więc po co się męczyć😏, jeśli nie jest to konieczne – lepiej nie oddalać się bardzo daleko od lądu.

Trasy przelotu Figo i Fago przez Turcję początkowo przebiegały niezależnie, ale w okolicy miasta Mersin w południowej Turcji ich szlaki przecięły się nawet trzykrotnie❗️Rodzeństwo nie miało jednak szans na spotkanie się, gdyż dzielił je dziesięciodniowy odstęp czasowy.

Figo przez Turcję – od granicy bułgarsko-tureckiej do granicy turecko-syryjskiej – leciał 3 dni, przelatując w tym czasie 1080 km, co daje średnią 360 km dziennie. Fago ostatni sygnał nadała 25 września z Turcji, a Figo 5 października z Syrii.

✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, Uniwersytet Łódzki
Lasy Państwowe, Wojewódzki Fundusz Ochrony Środowiska i Gospodarki Wodnej w Łodzi

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Justyna wrote: 11 Oct 2022, 09:49
Hi Justyna,
thank you :-)
I hope Fago is O.K. too :? - fingers crossed very, very much!
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation - translation the news:

FB Regionalna Dyrekcja Lasów Państwowych w Łodzi https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... CO%2CP-y-R

FAGO flew into Asia on September 23, 2022, flying 20 km over the western part of the Sea of ​​Marmara, while FIGO flew into Asia on October 3, passing over the Bosphorus at a point where the strait is 1.04 km wide. He flew 8 km from the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. Thus, both storks chose the variant that avoided the need to fly over the open sea for many hours.

Of course, a flight across the Sea of ​​Marmara even at its widest point (80 km) is within the reach of a black stork, but there are no rising currents above the water, so why bother if it is not necessary - it is better not to go very far from the land.

The routes of Figo and Fago's flight through Turkey initially ran independently, but in the vicinity of the city of Mersin in southern Turkey, their routes crossed even three times. The siblings, however, had no chance to meet, as they were separated by a ten-day interval.

FIGO traveled through Turkey - from the Bulgarian-Turkish border to the Turkish-Syrian border - for 3 days, flying 1080 km during this time, which is an average of 360 km per day. FAGO made the last call on September 25 from Turkey, and Figo on October 5 from Syria.

btw. I read one current research there are thermals also over the sea (source later)
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

EDIT(Marika) translation here: viewtopic.php?p=10860#p10860

#bocianyczarneonline 🎬 Bocian z Piotrkowa wlatuje do Afryki
Od Figo i Fago nie mamy żadnych nowych informacji. Prawdopodobnie są gdzieś w rejonie bez zasięgu telefonii komórkowej. 🧐 Warto jednak zobaczyć jak wyglądał 24.10.2022 wlot z Azji do Afryki (z półwyspu Synaj na Czarny Ląd) młodego bociana czarnego pochodzącego z gniazda w Nadleśnictwo Piotrków,Lasy Państwowe. 🖤
Od Góry Świętej Katarzyny (2629 m n.p.m.) - najwyższej góry Egiptu - przeleciał w odległości 12,2 km😅. Na Synaju osiągnął maksymalną wysokość lotu✈️ 2691 m n.p.m.
Przelatując nad Zatoką Sueską szybko obniżył wysokość do 704 m n.p.m., a pod koniec lotu nad wodą nawet do 103 m n.p.m.🫣 Do Afryki wleciał 43 km na północ od Hurghady🏖.
👉Trasa samego przelotu nad Zatoką Sueską miała długość 52 km. Po osiągnięciu nagrzanego brzegu Afryki szybko wzniósł się nad Saharą na wysokość 2613 m n.p.m. i lecąc dalej na południe nad Pustynią Wschodnią utrzymywał już wysokość 1700 - 2000 m n.p.m.
Zanocował🌙 na skałach na wysokości 641 m n.p.m. pomiędzy Al.-Kusair nad Morzem Czerwonym a Luksorem nad Nilem. Nasz bocian o kodzie 0434 24.10.2022 przeleciał łącznie 3️⃣8️⃣4️⃣ km❗️ Leciał bez przerwy 9.5 h. Przeciętnie przez godzinę pokonywał 40,4 km. 384 km dziennie to całkiem spory dystans, ale w świecie ptasich wędrówek to nic nadzwyczajnego. 😎
Dla porównania 🧐- rekord najdłuższego lotu non-stop w świecie ptaków należy do młodego (wiek 5 miesięcy) szlamnika zwyczajnego (Limosa lapponica) z rodziny bekasowców. Rekordzista na jesienną wędrówkę wystartował 13.10.2022 z Alaski. Leciał przez Pacyfik bez przerwy 11 dni i 1h💪. Bazował tylko na zapasach zgromadzonych przez odlotem. Pokonał dystans 13560 km (tak, to nie pomyłka😁💚) i wylądował dopiero 25.10.2022 na Tasmanii. Gatunek ten znany był już wcześniej z rekordowo długich przelotów.
W Polsce szlamnik zwyczajny spotykany jest tylko na przelotach, natomiast jego bliski krewny, rycyk (Limosa limosa), gniazduje w Polsce na niżu w odkrytych dolinach rzecznych, głównie na wschodzie kraju. Zimuje na południe od Sahary. Niestety rycyk błyskawicznie znika z naszego krajobrazu wskutek prostowania brzegów rzek i budowy wałów nadrzecznych, co w konsekwencji prowadzi do osuszenia dolin rzecznych i zaniku bardzo cennych przyrodniczo siedlisk.
✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński, Katedra Ekologii i Zoologii Kręgowców, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, Uniwersytet Łódzki

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Justyna wrote: 08 Nov 2022, 09:50
Hi Justyna,
thank you :-)
I hope Fago and Figo are O.K. too :? fingers crossed very, very much!

continuation - translation the news (GT - some little corrections) :

FB Regionalna Dyrekcja Lasów Państwowych w Łodzi https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... %2CO%2CP-R

Stork from Piotrków flies to Africa

We have no new information from Figo and Fago. They are probably somewhere in an area with no cell phone service. 🧐

However, it is worth to see how the 24 October 2022 flight from Asia to Africa (from the Sinai peninsula to the Black Land) of a young black stork coming from a nest in Nadleśnictwo Piotrków, Lasy Państwowe looked like. 🖤
From Mount Saint Catherine (2629 m above sea level) - the highest mountain in Egypt - he flew at a distance of 12.2 km😅. At Sinai, it reached the maximum flight altitude ✈️ 2,691 m above sea level.
Flying over the Gulf of Suez he quickly lowered the altitude to 704 m above sea level, and at the end of the flight over the water even to 103 m above sea level. He flew to Africa 43 km north of Hurghada 🏖.
👉 The route of the flight over the Suez gulf was 52 km long. After reaching the heated coast of Africa, it quickly ascended over the Sahara to a height of 2613 m above sea level and flying further south over the Eastern Desert it already maintained a height of 1700 - 2000 m above sea level.
He spent the night🌙 on the rocks at 641 m above sea level between Al-Kusair by the Red Sea and Luxor by the Nile. Our stork with code 0434 flew on 24.10.2022 a total of 3️⃣ 8️⃣ 4️⃣ km❗ He flew 9.5 h without a break. An average of 40,4 km per hour. 384 km a day is quite a long distance, but in the world of birding it's nothing unusual. 😎

For comparison 🧐 - the record for the longest non-stop flight in the world of birds belongs to a young (5 months old) common slugger (Limosa lapponica) from the family of beckons. The record-holder for the autumn hike started on October 13, 2022 from Alaska. He flew across the Pacific Ocean non-stop for 11 days and 1 hour💪. It was based solely on the supplies collected by the flight. He covered a distance of 13560 km (yes, it's not a mistake😁 💚 ) and landed in Tasmania only on 25.10.2022. In this species has been known before for record long flights.
In Poland, the common sturgeon is only seen on crossings, but its close relative, the rhinoceros (Limosa limosa), nests in Poland low in open river valleys, mainly in the east of the country. winter in the south Sahara region Unfortunately, the sea urchin immediately disappears from our landscape due to the straightening of river banks and the construction of river shafts, which consequently leads to the drying of river valleys and the disappearance of very valuable naturally habitats.

✍️ prof. Piotr Zieliński, Department of Ecology and Vertebrate Zoology, Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection, University of Łódź

btw. Mare (female BS hatched in Latvia, 2016) on 28.03.2022 covered 603,7 km in 24h in Turkey
Adria

Post by Adria »

Thank you Justyna , for a nice travelogue and also for interesting things from the world of birds :).
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

EDIT (Marika) translation here viewtopic.php?p=11017#p11017

#bocianyczarneonline 🕵️‍♀️ Jeden z młodych bocianów czarnych, które wyleciały z lasów RDLP w Łodzi, bociek o kodzie 0430 z Nadleśnictwo Piotrków,Lasy Państwowe niestety zakończył swoją wędrówkę na wschodzie Rumunii. 😢
Co wiemy o jego losach?🧐
17 sierpnia wyleciał z Polski, przelatując nad Beskidem Niskim w pobliżu nieczynnego już (dzięki układowi z Schengen) przejścia granicznego Ożenna-Niżna Polanka. Do Rumunii wleciał 18 sierpnia. 19 sierpnia zatrzymał się na terenach rolniczych👩‍🌾 przed Dunajem na wschodzie Rumunii. Tam żerował nad kanałami nawadniającymi aż do 26 września 2022. Ale 27 września loger wykazał brak aktywności naszego bociana.🤔
Dzięki nieocenionej pomocy Cristiana Turcana z Rumunii loger udało się odzyskać. Nie wiadomo, co było przyczyną śmierci bociana, ale na załączonym zdjęciu widać, że bezpośrednio w pobliżu kanału znajdują się linie energetyczne. Być może kolizja z drutami spowodowała śmierć tego młodego osobnika.
Z bociana zostały tylko pióra i nieliczne kości😥. Na błotnistym brzegu kanału Cristian odnalazł również ślady dzików i psów, które zapewne wcześniej znalazły ptaka.
Nasz bocian odleciał 1001 km od rodzinnego gniazda w Nadleśnictwie Piotrków. Średnio w czasie wędrówki przelatywał 283 km dziennie.🖤
Wiemy też, że czekacie na wieści od Figo i Fago, ale nie mamy nowych informacji. Zapewne są gdzieś w rejonie bez zasięgu telefonii komórkowej. 🤓
Autor zdjęć: Cristian Turcan
Tekst: prof. Piotr Zieliński, Katedra Ekologii i Zoologii Kręgowców, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, Uniwersytet Łódzki
Lasy Państwowe

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Justyna wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 12:17
Hi Justyna :-)

Thank you for sharing this news. The first migration is the most dangerous for our storklets. I am really very, very sorry for all of them :( .
Fingers crossed for all storklet on their dangerous first migration!
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation - FB translation with some corrections

https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... niQy6uLm8l

One of the young black storks that flew out of the RDLP forests in Łodz, a stork with code 0430 from Nadleśnictwo Piotrków, Lasy Państwowe unfortunately ended its journey in eastern Romania. 😢
What do we know about his fate? 🧐
On August 17, he flew out of Poland, flying over the Lower Beskid near the already closed (thanks to the Schengen Agreement) border crossing Ożenna-Niżna Polanka. He flew to Romania on August 18. August 19, it stopped on the agricultural lands 👩 🌾 in front of the Danube in eastern Romania. There he grazed over irrigation channels until September 26, 2022. But on September 27, the logger showed the inactivity of our stork.🤔
Thanks to the invaluable help of Cristian Turcan from Romania, the transmitter was recovered. It is unknown what caused the death of the stork, but the attached photo shows that there are power lines directly near the canal. A collision with wires may have caused this young individual's death.
Only feathers and few bones left of the stork 😥. On the muddy bank of the canal, Cristian also found traces of wild boars and dogs, which had probably found the bird earlier.
Our stork flew 1001 km away from his family nest in Piotrków Forestry. On average, during the hike, he flew 283 km a day. 🖤
We also know that you are waiting for news from FIGO and FAGO, but we do not have any new information. They are probably somewhere in the area without cell phone coverage. 🤓
Photo by Cristian Turcan
Text: Prof. Piotr Zieliński, Department of Ecology and Vertebrate Zoology, Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection, University of Lodz
Lasy Państwowe

Return to “Poland”