News from other black storks nest

marika.solo
Site Admin

Re: News from other black storks nest

Post by marika.solo »

Madli wrote: 15 Aug 2023, 19:07I think that Eedi 2 already deserves his own thread :) ...
here you are ;-)

all infos about the new inhabitants of the nest of EEDI are in this new thread
Karula National Park (nest of EEDI 2 and his mate) - viewtopic.php?f=75&t=146&p=23245#p23245
Lenasylwa

Post by Lenasylwa »

Madli wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 10:32 ... Male black stork from Karula (Karl's neighbour). Eedi sent his last data in August 2022 from Latvia. He had just begun his autumn migration. Since then he's been missing and now it is clear that he won't return to his nest. ...
Thanks for the information about Eedi.
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Lenasylwa wrote: 15 Aug 2023, 21:15
infos about Eedi:
1/ viewtopic.php?f=65&t=83
+
2/ viewtopic.php?p=20439#p20439
Lenasylwa

Post by Lenasylwa »

marika.solo wrote: 15 Aug 2023, 22:16
Thank you for the links. I was hoping it was a problem with the old Eedi transmitter. It's very sad for me, my friend from Germany and I have been watching his migrations for years ...
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Lenasylwa wrote: 15 Aug 2023, 22:34Thank you for the links. I was hoping it was a problem with the old Eedi transmitter. It's very sad for me, my friend from Germany and I have been watching his migrations for years ...
Eedi is the closest stork with a transmitter to me.

Btw. my first active step in LKF - first post was about Eedi (by Solo » October 20th, 2015, 8:44 pm https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 17#p425517) ... I follow him all next years very closely in LKF (detailed maps, photos, videos and information) and from autumn-winter migration 2021/2022 here in our forum. For seven years, I travelled with him to his unusual wintering ground in Saudi Arabia in the autumn and back to Estonia in the spring.

I still miss him very, very much! And I will never forget the day we were able to observe him on-line at Karl's streamed nest in Karula.
Madli

Post by Madli »

BULGARIA

Youtube channel- TRAILCAM OPS

Timelapse of a black stork nesting

I was surprised to see the amount of trash in the nest- especially the blue hayball string that we also saw in Jan's nest in 2021! I'm glad that it didn't become a hazard for the birds, but it is not a pretty sight when it comes to black storks in their natural habitat.
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

LATVIA

(first shared in our FB group on 30.08.2023 https://www.facebook.com/groups/blackst ... 5175880360)

RUGPJŪČIO 24 D. – GANDRŲ IŠSKRIDIMO DIENA - AUGUST 24 - STORKS FLIGHT DAY

Kauno Tado Ivanausko zoologijos muziejus uploaded on 24.08.2023

under the video (GT translation)
In commemoration of this day, we share a video of the white stork's relatives, the black stork. In the report, you will see the life moments of a couple living in an artificial nest built by museum workers: marriage, copulation, laid eggs and growing young. 🪺
The black stork is a rare bird included in the list of protected animals, plants and fungi of the Republic of Lithuania, which avoids the human neighbourhood and nests away in forests. The black stork population in Lithuania is 480-720 pairs. Population decline has been observed for the last two decades. 📉
The stability of this bird's population is threatened by deforestation, impoverishment of the nutritional base, and dangers lurking on migration routes and wintering grounds. The black stork is sensitive to human visits near nesting sites during the breeding season.
It is important to protect the nesting sites of these birds, to install artificial nests, to preserve biodiversity, to ensure that the animals are not disturbed or chased away from their already existing nesting places. ✅
Storks were filmed with permission. The camera is installed before the birds return from the wintering grounds, and removed after the family leaves the nest.

Return to “News from other black storks nest”