Skierka's offspring

marika.solo
Site Admin

Re: Skierka's offspring

Post by marika.solo »

GRZEGORZ

we don't have more precise information about where Grgeroz is moving (Stefan and Grzegorz OK, refueling, one near Bledzew the other near Kostrzyn.)

thx for hint to Iwona - the photos were from another place, I'll try to look from the right one

Kostrzyn - a town in Poland, seat of Gmina Kostrzyn in the Poznań County in the Greater Poland Voivodeship

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

we don't know exactly where GRZEGORZ looks for food - whether in forest streams or in the shallows of lakes (or on the freshly plowed fields, etc.)

Kostrzyn

STREET VIEW https://goo.gl/maps/1TvHXTkRm8iW3Yw6A image capture Oxt 2020 by Błażej Antkowiak
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Iwona

Post by Iwona »

previous info viewtopic.php?p=22288#p22288
--------------------------------------------------

August 07

Hello everyone!

News about: GRZEGORZ and STEFAN

Source: youtube chat

2:03 PM Komitet Ochrony Orłów Eagle Conservation Committee
"​Dzień dobry, wszystko OK, Stefan w Niemczech stacjonuje na stawach, Grzegorz ostatnio pod Bełchatowem i dziś leci dalej na E. Miłego dnia!
​Wszystko jest ok, ostatnio wiało i padało więc ptaki trochę stanęły 🙂"

Translation:
Hello! Everything OK, Stefan in Germany stationed on the ponds, Grzegorz recently near Belchatów and today he starts flying further to East. Have a great day!
Everything is ok, it has been windy and raining lately so the birds have been a bit stagnant 🙂

Further information:
Transmitter data since the previous information provided: viewtopic.php?p=22288#p22288
GRZEGORZ
Previous location: POLAND, Kostrzyn
Current location: POLAND, Bełchatów
STEFAN
Previous location: POLAND, Bledzew
Current location: GERMANY

So it seems that Grzegorz chose the eastern and Stefan western route of migration. So far Grzegorz has flown a route of about 300 km. We don't have more precise information about Stefan's route - he is currently in Germany.

Approximate route of Grzegorz (he has been recently near Belchatów):
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Iwona wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 14:10So it seems that GRZEGORZ chose the eastern route of migration.
Hi Iwona, thx for update :-)

Everything is still open. Storks from Poland use both directions, the western and eastern migration routes/flyways. We have seen this also on the map during the BocianiMy project.
Skierka flew the eastern route for the first year, but only to the north of Saudi Arabia. The next years she flies to winter in Kerkini Lake NP area - Ramsar Site (Greece).
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

edited post

Request from Jacek Osiński (much nice videos from his phototraps - "Blisko natury -Jacek Osiński" https://www.youtube.com/@bliskonatury-j ... 642/videos

"I set up a fundraiser for photo equipment, please share among your friends https://4fund.com/seh2ym"

Hi, I have been dealing with nature photography for several years, I regularly post photos on my instagram profile and on facebook. The subjects of my photos are mainly birds and insects. In order to further develop my passion, I need to replace worn out equipment with newer ones. Thanks in advance for your support!!

you can see also black storks on the photos and videos (on both links above)
Iwona

Post by Iwona »

previous info viewtopic.php?p=22739#p22739

August 12

Hello everyone!

News about: GRZEGORZ, STEFAN and their mother SKIERKA (documentation about Skierka in our forum:viewtopic.php?p=21747#p21747)

Source: FB BocianiMy
https://www.facebook.com/BocianiMy/post ... sS9DExbKcl

"Skierka wczoraj ruszyła! Jest na Słowacji.
Stefan ma postój nad stawami rybnymi w Niemczech 2 km na W od miasta Forst.
Grzegorz zmienił kierunek na N, przeleciał Wisłę i jest obecnie na N od Płocka.
"

Translation:
Skierka took off yesterday! She is in Slovakia.
Stefan has a stopover at the fish ponds in Germany 2 km west of the town Forst.
Grzegorz has changed direction to the N, crossed the river Wisła and is now north of Płock.

Further information:
GRZEGORZ
Transmitter data since the previous information provided: viewtopic.php?p=22739#p22739
Previous location: POLAND, Bełchatów
Current location: POLAND, Płock

Approximate route of GRZEGORZ from his last location provided by KOO, Bełchatów. So Grzegorz flew another almost 200 km.

Płock is a city in Poland located in the Dobrzyń Lake District and in the Płock Basin, on the Vistula River, in the Masovian Voivodeship.
source: Wikipedia

STEFAN
Transmitter data since the previous information provided: viewtopic.php?p=22739#p22739
Previous location: GERMANY
Current location: GERMANY, the Meadows and Ponds of #Eulo and #Jamno near Forst (Lausitz)

Approximate route of STEFAN, the storklet foraging on fish ponds near Forst (Lausitz), Germany. We had information about Stefan foraging on ponds in Germany on August 7, but the exact location was not given at the time viewtopic.php?p=22739#p22739

Edit: the actual route of Stefan's flight we learned in the following days viewtopic.php?p=23165#p23165

Fish ponds near Forst (Lausitz)
source: Google map

source: https://www.brandenburg-tourism.com, photo by Horst Jaekel
Iwona

Post by Iwona »

previous info viewtopic.php?p=23080#p23080

August 14

Hello everyone!

News about: STEFAN

Source: FB BocianiMy
https://www.facebook.com/BocianiMy/post ... XpMz1TS3Al

"W Brandenburgii bocian Stefan nie jest sam!
Nasze drogi skrzyżowały się na moment ze szlakiem migracji jednego z czterech bocianów czarnych z #NadeśnictwaBolewice. Nasz bocian od ponad tygodnia za miejsce postojowe wybrał sobie Łąki i Stawy #Eulo i #Jamno w obszarze ochrony krajobrazu w Niemczech. Okazało się, że Stefan przebywa nie tylko w towarzystwie innych bocianów czarnych (5 dorosłych i 2 młodocianych), ale też kilkunastu czapli białych i czapli siwych oraz ku naszemu zaskoczeniu: młodocianego bielika i kani czarnej! Ptaki najczęściej siedzą na stawie ze spuszczoną wodą, żerują na płyciznach oraz w rowach, nocują niedaleko na suchych starych drzewach przy ciekach w okolicznych lasach. Obecność innych bocianów czarnych, zwłaszcza aż 5 dorosłych to bardzo dobra informacja, że Stefan jest pod dobrą opieką. Nadal wielką zagadką pozostaje w jakim kierunku teraz poleci? Czy szlakiem wschodnim, czy zachodnim?"

Translation:
In Brandenburg, the storklet Stefan is not alone!
Our paths crossed for a moment with the migration path of one of the four black storklets from #Bolewice. For more than a week, our storklet has chosen the Meadows and Ponds of #Eulo and #Jamno in the German Landscape Conservation Area as his stopping place. It turned out that Stefan is not only in the company of other black storks (5 adults and 2 juveniles), but also several white herons and gray herons, and to our surprise: a juvenile white-tailed eagle and a black kite! The birds mostly sit on the pond with the water drained, feed in the shallows and ditches, and spend the night nearby on dry old trees near the watercourses in the surrounding woods. The presence of other black storks, especially as many as 5 adults, is a very good indication that Stefan is well taken care of. Still the big mystery remains in what direction will he fly now? Will he take the eastern or western route?

Further information:
Transmitter data since the previous information provided: viewtopic.php?p=23080#p23080
Previous location: GERMANY, the Meadows and Ponds of #Eulo and #Jamno near Forst (Lausitz)
Current location (as of August 12): GERMANY, the Meadows and Ponds of #Eulo and #Jamno near Forst (Lausitz)

Stefan's migration route so far:
source: FB BocianiMy

As BocianiMy pointed out Stefan visited Kostrzyn nad Odrą area on his way west. There are several other valuable and legally protected forms of nature conservation in the area (and within the city). These include the "Mouth of the Warta River" National Park and the Landscape Park "Mouth of the Warta River". The park was established to protect unique wetlands, extensive meadows and pastures, which are one of Poland's most important sanctuaries for water and marsh birds. 245 species of birds have been found in the park, including 174 breeding birds.

Mouth of the Warta River, National Park near Kostrzyn nad Odrą (Poland):
source: Wikipedia, A.Savin - Praca własna, FAL, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=64480057
Iwona

Post by Iwona »

continuation: Stefan in the Meadows and Ponds of #Eulo and #Jamno in Germany viewtopic.php?p=23165#p23165

BocianiMy: "Młodociany bocian, "kolega" Stefana"
Juvenile stork, Stefan's "friend"

BocianiMy: ""Kolega" Stefana"
Stefan's "friend"
Iwona

Post by Iwona »

continuation: Stefan in the Meadows and Ponds of #Eulo and #Jamno in Germany viewtopic.php?p=23165#p23165

BocianiMy: "Czaple białe, czaple siwe, dorosłe bociany czarne i... Stefan, niestety przesłonięty drzewem" 🙂
White herons, grey herons, adult black storks and... Stefan, unfortunately obscured by a tree 🙂

BocianiMy: "Rowy okalające stawy Eulen"
Ditches surrounding the Eulen ponds

Return to “Poland”