BS from the nest of Łodz (and Łodz forest district)

marika.solo
Site Admin

BS from the nest of Łodz (and Łodz forest district)

Post by marika.solo »

in this thread we follow storks with transmitter hatched in the streamed nest of ŁODZ ("Dąb 2), resp. in the are of the ŁODZ forest district

storklet hatched in the streamed nest in the season 2023 (viewtopic.php?f=76&t=111)

FERNANDO
- on 07.08.2023 at 10:35 Fernando was at the nest for the last time (
- first FB info: night 07./08.08 12 km from the nest

storklets hatched in the streamed nest in the season 2022 (viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38)

FIGO - male
1/ main wintering areas: in the south-east Chad and the north-east of the Central African Republic
- wintered 4,990 km from the nest (the largest straight line distance)
- on 18.04.2023 he flew out of Africa
2/ summer

FAGO - female
1/ main wintering areas: in southeastern Sudan and northwest Ethiopia
- 4,440 km from the nest (the largest straight line distance
- on 19.04.2023 she flew out of Africa
2/ summer

-----------------
MIGRATION THREAD:

spring-summer 2023 viewtopic.php?f=71&t=104
autumn-winter 2022-23 viewtopic.php?f=71&t=104&start=30
marika.solo
Site Admin

Re: BS from the nest of Łodz (and Łodz forest district)

Post by marika.solo »

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=69 ... 0471974811

FIRST DEPARTURES SOUTH

Our Fernando can finally fly out of the nest at any time 🫶. Meanwhile, some black storks from 2022 have already started their journey south 👀.

One of the young black storks with the code 0437, hatched in the forests of Forestry Inspectorate Kutno State Forests in 2022, spent the winter in South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. As part of wintering, he even went on a trip to the Serengeti National Park. He left Africa on March 25, 2023.
He visited a bit ... 😉
🕵️ ♀️ He spent April in Turkey, May in Moldova, in June he flew around Ukraine, but at the end of June he remembered Poland ❤️.
He stayed in Poland for a month. He didn't look into his family nest, he passed it at a distance of 69 km 🥹 and flew north. He reached as far as Elbląg. There he realized that it was too far and returned to the Iławskie Lake District to Lake Jeziorak 🐟.
👉 From there, on July 25, 2023, he started his journey south. On July 30, he spent the night before the Polish border near Gorlice, and on July 31 he left Poland, flying over the Low Beskids. It flew to Slovakia and via Hungary on August 2 it reached NW Romania. There he stopped for a longer rest on the Samosz River, a left tributary of the Tisza.
👇 The attached map for comparison also shows the area of the summer stay of Figo (Romania) and Fago (Hungary). After the first wintering, young black storks usually stay somewhere along the way (Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Ukraine) during the spring migration, but a small of migrating individuals reaches as far as Poland.

✍️ Prof. Piotr Zieliński, Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection of the University of Lodz 🤝 State Forests
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

FERNANDO - hatched 2023, streamed nest of Flo and Fer III
Tina_T wrote: 09 Aug 2023, 01:41 Youtube chat info - prof. PZ:

Fernando namierzył się jeszcze wczoraj. Dzisiaj jest pod Żarnowem, ​to jeszcze jest woj. łódzkie. Także jeszcze nie wiadomo, czy rozpoczął wędrówkę. Na razie przeleciał około 100 km.

English translation: Yesterday Fernando's logger provided his location. Today he's near Żarnów, it's still Łódź Voivodeship. So it is not yet known whether he started the journey. So far he flew about 100 km.
From
POLAND: nest - Łódź Voivodeship
To
POLAND: Żarnów - a historical village in Opoczno County, Łódź Voivodeship, in central Poland

Distance: about 100 km

Justyna

Post by Justyna »

FB RDLP Lodz https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... 1A1GNhC79l

FERNANDO wyruszył w swoją daleką podróż!

Stało się, 7.08.2023 r. o 10:35 nasz dzielny Fernando był gnieździe ostatni raz! 💚🥹
👉7.08 na 8.08 pierwszy nocleg poza gniazdem – 12 km od domu🌳
👉8.08 jest już prawie na granicy ze świętokrzyskim. Na końcu naszego Nadleśnictwa Opoczno.
Leć kochany, powodzenia, uważaj na siebie🫡
Fernando śledził i wysłał mapki: M. Siembor

edit (Marika) - translation
FERNANDO has set off on his long journey!
It happened on 7.08.2023 at 10:35 our brave Fernando was at the nest for the last time! 💚🙃
👉7.08 to 8.08 first accommodation outside the nest - 12 km from home🌳
👉8.08 is almost on the border with Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship. At the end of our Opoczno Forestry.
Fly baby, good luck and be safe 🤝

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Marika
STREET VIEW to his newest localisation according to the FB pic https://goo.gl/maps/j8kN4TPpJzWjj8hj8
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

edited post

Request from Jacek Osiński (much nice videos from his phototraps - "Blisko natury -Jacek Osiński" https://www.youtube.com/@bliskonatury-j ... 642/videos

"I set up a fundraiser for photo equipment, please share among your friends https://4fund.com/seh2ym"

Hi, I have been dealing with nature photography for several years, I regularly post photos on my instagram profile and on facebook. The subjects of my photos are mainly birds and insects. In order to further develop my passion, I need to replace worn out equipment with newer ones. Thanks in advance for your support!!

you can see also black storks on the photos and videos (on both links above)
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

August 10
Hello everyone :-)

youtube chat - 9:14 PM Piotr Zieliński

a wracając do Fernanda, to loger pracuje prawidłowo
dzisiaj Fernando zapał wiatr w żagle przeleciał na S ok. 300 km, nocuje na Słowacji przy granicy z Węgrami
dolina Cisy jest kusząca dla bocianów. Możliwe, że zostanie tam dłużej

and back to Fernando, the logger is working properly
today Fernando caught the wind in his sails flew about 300 km to S, spends the night in Slovakia near the border with Hungary
the Tisza valley is tempting for storks, it's possible he'll stay there longer

także aktualizacje o Fernando będą na FB RDLP ​i oczywiście o Figo i Fago

also updates about Fernando will be on FB RDLP ​and of course about Figo and Fago
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=697 ... 0471974811

#bocianyczarneonline 👋🎬GDZIE JEST FERNANDO?

Teraz nie ma już wątpliwości. 9.08 Fernando latał jeszcze w trójkącie Żarnów - Końskie - Włoszczowa, ale 10.08.2023 wypłynął już na szerokie wody. Z okolic Włoszczowej poleciał od razu na południe, a przed Krakowem skręcił nieco na wschód. O 13:37 wyleciał z Polski przelatując nad zachodnim krańcem Beskidu Niskiego. Tym samym przeleciał nad granią Karpat i wleciał do Słowacji. Zatrzymał się dopiero jak minął Koszyce, tuż przed trójstykiem granic Słowacji, Ukrainy i Węgier. Przeleciał około 300 km💚.

Do gościnnego Tokaju nad Cisą ma zaledwie 60 km. Rozlewiska w dolinie Cisy przyciągają bociany podczas wędrówki jesiennej. Zobaczymy, czy nasz Fernando też zatrzyma się nad Cisą przed dalszą podrożą...🥹

✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego 🤝Lasy Państwowe

TRANSLATION (Marika)
Now there is no longer any doubt. On 9.08 Fernando was still flying in the triangle Żarnów - Końskie - Włoszczowa, but on 10.08.2023 he already took to the wide waters.
From the vicinity of Włoszczowa, he flew immediately south and turned slightly east before Krakow. At 13:37 it left Poland, flying over the western edge of the Low Beskid Mt. In doing so, it flew over the ridge of Carpathian Mt. and entered Slovakia. Fernando stopped only when it passed Košice, just before the tri-junction of the borders of Slovakia, Ukraine and Hungary. He flew about 300 km💚.
It is only 60 km to hospitable Tokaj on the Tisza River. The floodplains in the Tisza valley attract storks during the autumn migration. We will see if our Fernando also stops at the Tisza before continuing his journey ...🥹
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... tQMHe4uEbl

#bocianiewieści 🎬GDZIE JEST FERNANDO?
Fernando✈️ aktualizacja ⏰16.08.2023

Fernando 11 sierpnia przeleciał nad słoneczną doliną Cisy na Węgrzech. Tokaj minął w odległości 49 km. Dzień zakończył dopiero koło Sibiu w Rumunii. Łącznie 11 sierpnia przeleciał 375 km💪.
12 sierpnia leciał dalej na południe. Przeleciał na Karpatami osiągając maksymalną wysokość 1501 m n.p.m. i zatrzymał się dopiero niedaleko Bukaresztu. 😎 12 sierpnia przeleciał 215 km.
13 i 14 sierpnia latał po okolicy na zachód od Bukaresztu szukając miejsca dogodnego do żerowania. Miejsce takie znalazł nad stawami rybnymi nad rzeką Neajlov 45 km na zachód od miasta. Tam powinien zatrzymać się na dłużej. 🧐
Od wylotu z gniazda w kierunku Afryki przeleciał już 1️⃣0️⃣2️⃣3️⃣ km. W Europie z trudnych przeszkód zostało mu jeszcze do pokonania pasmo górskie Stara Płanina w Bułgarii z najwyższym szczytem Botew (2376 m n.p.m.).
TRZYMAMY KCIUKI!🖤

✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego 🤝Lasy Państwowe

Image Image

TRANSLATION (Marika)
Fernando flew over the sunny Tisza Valley in Hungary on 11 August. He passed Tokaj at a distance of 49 km. He only ended the day near Sibiu in Romania. In total, he flew 375 km💪 on 11 August.
On 12 August he flew further south. He flew over the Carpathian Mountains reaching a maximum altitude of 1501 m above sea level and only stopped near Bucharest. 😎 On 12 August he flew 215 km.
On 13 and 14 August he flew around the area west of Bucharest looking for a convenient place to feed. He found such a place at the fish ponds on the Neajlov River 45 km west of the city. There he should stay for a longer period of time. 🧐
From his departure from the nest towards Africa he has already flown 1️⃣0️⃣2️⃣3️⃣ km. In Europe, from the difficult obstacles he still has to overcome the Stara Planina mountain range in Bulgaria with the highest peak Botev (2376 m).
FINGERS CROSSED!🖤
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4805852990
#bocianyczarneonline 🎬FERNANDOOOO DAJE ZNAKI
Fernando😍 10 sierpnia wyleciał z Polski. Na dłuższy popas zatrzymał się 12 sierpnia pomiędzy rzekami Neajlov i Arges niedaleko Bukaresztu w Rumunii. Co kilka dni robi sobie wycieczki po okolicy szukając kolejnych dogodnych miejsc do żerowania🕵️‍♀️🐟. Jak je znajdzie zatrzymuje się tam na kilka dni i intensywnie żeruje. Najczęściej są to stawy rybne. Nocuje na drzewach rosnących nad rzekami w pobliżu stawów żerowiskowych.
Teraz jest 40 km na północ od Bukaresztu nad stawami i starorzeczami związanymi z rzeką Prahova.
Wędrówkę rozpoczął stosunkowo wcześnie. Wie o tym, że nie musi się spieszyć.
✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego Lasy Państwowe

Image Image

Image Image

Return to “Poland”