BS from the nest of Łodz (and Łodz forest district)

Justyna

Re: BS from the nest of Łodz (and Łodz forest district)

Post by Justyna »

edit (marika) translation - see the next post viewtopic.php?p=26462#p26462

#bocianyczarneonline 🎬 FIGO NA ŁĄCZACH!🥳
Figo (wyleciał z gniazda online w 2022 r.) długi czas nie dawał znaku życia i nie wiedzieliśmy, czy jesienią 2023 pokonał Saharę. Ale 12.01.2024 wysłał krótkiego esemesa z pozycją z Sudanu Południowego👏. Później rozpoczął zrzucanie danych z pierwszego etapu swojej podróży przez Afrykę. Pełnych danych jeszcze nie przekazał.
🧐Figo do Afryki wleciał 30.09.2023 niedaleko Hurghady i od razu zatrzymał się na noc 17 km od Hurghady. Następnego dnia poleciał na południowy-zachód. Nad Nilem przeleciał między Luksorem i Asuanem. Później trzymał się zachodniego brzegu Nilu lecąc około 10 km od brzegu rzeki. 1.10.2023 przeleciał łącznie 364 km. 💪
🌙Zanocował bezpośrednio na pustynnym piasku na wysokości Asuanu. W kolejnych dniach również nocował bezpośrednio na piasku.
7 października 2023 przeleciał nad granicą między Sudanem i Czadem. Podróż przez Saharę zakończył 7 października 2023 tuż za granicą między prowincjami Sila i Salamat w Czadzie.
✈️ Cała trasa przelotu przez Saharę miała długość 2210 km🌏. Dziennie przelatywał średnio 316 km.
Co ciekawe, w tym samym rejonie Figo zakończył przelot przez Saharę w roku 2022. Również w listopadzie 2023 i 2022 żerował mniej więcej na tym samym obszarze.
😌A pewnie też czekacie na wieści o Fago i Fernando?
Fago nadal jest w Sudanie Południowym, a Fernando w północnej Etiopii.
✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego
Lasy Państwowe

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
marika.solo
Site Admin

Re: BS from the nest of Łodz (and Łodz forest district)

Post by marika.solo »

Regionalna Dyrekcja Lasów Państwowych w Łodzi
FB news https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... fize6LTeal

GT translation (some corrections)

🎬 FIGO ON THE LINKS! 🥳

FIGO (flew out of the online nest in 2022) gave no sign of life for a long time and we did not know if he had crossed the Sahara in autumn 2023. But on 12.01.2024 he sent a short text message with his position from South Sudan👏. Later, he started dropping data from the first leg of his journey across Africa. He has not yet transmitted full data.

🧐Figo flew into Africa on 30.09.2023 near Hurghada and immediately stopped for the night 17 km from Hurghada. The next day he flew south-west. Over the Nile, he flew between Luxor and Aswan. Later he kept to the west bank of the Nile flying about 10 km from the river bank. On 1.10.2023 he flew a total of 364 km. 💪

🌙He spent the night directly on the desert sand at the height of Aswan. In the following days he also spent the night directly on the sand.
On 7 October 2023 he flew over the border between Sudan and Chad. Stork completed his journey across the Sahara on 7 October 2023 just over the border between Sila and Salamat provinces in Chad.

✈️ The entire flight route through the Sahara was 2210 km long🌏. He flew an average of 316 km per day.
Interestingly, in the same area, Figo completed his flight across the Sahara in 2022. Also in November 2023 and 2022 he foraged in roughly the same area.

😌 And you're probably also waiting for news about Fago and Fernando?
FAGO (marika: female, sibling of Figo) is still in South Sudan and FERNANDO (marika: male stork hatched 2023 in the streamed nest) is in northern Ethiopia.

✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński
Justyna wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 12:20#bocianyczarneonline 🎬 FIGO NA ŁĄCZACH!🥳...
Hi Justyna, thank you for sharing this good news :D

Return to “Poland”