BS from the nest of Łodz (and Łodz forest district)

marika.solo
Site Admin

Re: BS from the nest of Łodz (and Łodz forest district)

Post by marika.solo »

bozena Isia wrote: 06 Oct 2023, 18:47 Marika - Alicja fixed it on fb "RDLP w Łodzi". I don't have fb account, but probably on the Group it is fixed as well.
https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... cale=pl_PL
yes, the new/edited text will appear automatically even in the shared post
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

October 12
Hello everyone :-)

FB news - https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... iziUzzwcel

GDZIE NASZE BOCIANY CZARNE?
5 października 🕵️‍♀️Fernando po 53 dniach żerowania👀między Bukaresztem a Dunajem ruszył dalej na południowy-wschód (SE).
Przeleciał przez Bułgarię, Turcję, Syrię i Liban i 11.10. zatrzymał się w pobliżu południowej granicy Libanu. Przez 7 dni przeleciał 1764 km, czyli 252 km dziennie. Przed nim obfitująca w stawy rybne 🐟dolina Jordanu. Zobaczymy, czy się skusi.
Tymczasem 🕵️‍♀️Fago (wyleciała z gniazda online w 2022 r.) po lecie spędzonym na Węgrzech 🏖 11.10. doleciała już na miejsce zimowania w północnej Etiopii.
Niestety jej brat 🕵️‍♀️Figo ostatni sygnał nadał 29.09 z Półwyspu Synaj i później słuch po nim zaginął. Możliwe (liczymy na to), że przez Saharę poleciał inną trasą i dopiero jak wleci w zasięg telefonii komórkowej to zrzuci zaległe dane.
✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego

WHERE ARE OUR BLACK STORKS?

On 5.10.🕵️‍♀️ FERNANDO after 53 days of foraging👀between Bucharest and the Danube he moved further south-east (SE).
He flew through Bulgaria, Turkey, Syria and Lebanon and on 11.10. stopped near the southern border of Lebanon. Over seven days he flew 1,764 km, or 252 km per day. Ahead of him is the abundant fishponds 🐟 the Jordan Valley. We'll see if he's tempted.

Meanwhile, 🕵️‍♀️FAGO (she flew out of the nest online in 2022) has already reached her wintering site in northern Ethiopia after a summer spent in Hungary 🏖 11.10.

Unfortunately, her brother 🕵️‍♀️FIGO sent his last signal on 29.09 from the Sinai Peninsula and after that, hearing of him disappeared. It is possible (we hope) that he has flown a different route across the Sahara and only when he flies into mobile phone range will he drop the outstanding data.
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

October 27
Hello everyone :-)

FB news - https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... QD8f1vGzWl

FERNANDO W PODRÓŻY

Po przelocie nad Zatoką Sueską kolejny etap podróży naszego Fernando to pokonanie Sahary, a dokładniej rzecz ujmując Pustyni Arabskiej i Pustyni Nubijskiej, które położone są pomiędzy Nilem a Morzem Czerwonym.
⛱Do Afryki Fernando wleciał 15.10.2023 przelatując nad Hurghadą. Z poziomu morza musiał się od razu wzbić na 1700 m n.p.m. żeby pokonać góry Atbaj, które południkowo ciągną się wzdłuż Morza Czerwonego.
Od góry Jabul Szaib al-Banat (2187 m n.p.m.) – najwyższego szczytu afrykańskiej części Egiptu - przeleciał w odległości 24 km. Na nocowanie zatrzymał się dopiero k. Asuanu. Nocował jednak nie nad Nilem, lecz na pustynnych skałach.
16, 17 i 18.10 leciał dalej na południe nocując na gołych skałach. 19.10 lekko skręcił na południowy-wschód, przeleciał nad granicą pomiędzy Sudanem i Erytreą i jeszcze tego samego dnia nad granicą pomiędzy Erytreą i Etiopią. W północnej Etiopii zanocował już na ziemi, na terenie sawannowym porośniętym krzewami, w pobliżu koryta okresowego potoku (wadi). Tam zatrzymał się na zasłużony odpoczynek po przelocie przez Saharę.
👉Pokonanie Sahary zajęło mu 5 dni.
👉Codziennie przelatywał ok. 350 km. Leciał z prędkością ok. 55 km/h.
👉Cała jesienna wędrówka Fernando trwała 71 dni. W tym czasie zrobił sobie tylko jeden, ale za to bardzo długi (53 dni) postój na żerowanie między Bukaresztem a Dunajem. Długość pokonanej trasy wędrówki z Polski do Etiopii wyniosła 4900 km💪.
✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego

FERNANDO ON THE JOURNEY

After flying over the Gulf of Suez, the next stage of our Fernando's journey is to cross the Sahara, or more precisely the Arabian Desert and the Nubian Desert, which are located between the Nile and the Red Sea.
⛱ Into Africa Fernando flew on 15.10.2023 flying over Hurghada. From sea level, he had to ascend immediately to 1,700m above sea level to cross the Atbaj Mountains, which stretch southwards along the Red Sea.
From Jabul Shaib al-Banat mountain (2187 m) - the highest peak in the African part of Egypt - he flew a distance of 24 km. He stopped only for the night near Aswan. However, he did not spend the night on the Nile, but on the desert rocks.

On 16, 17 and 18.10 he flew further south spending the night on bare rocks. On 19.10 he turned slightly south-east, flew over the border between Sudan and Eritrea and later the same day over the border between Eritrea and Ethiopia. In northern Ethiopia, he had already overnighted on the ground, in a bushy savannah area near the bed of a periodic stream (wadi). There he stopped for a well-deserved rest after flying across the Sahara.

👉 It took him five days to cross the Sahara.
👉 He flew about 350 km every day. He flew at a speed of about 55 km/h.
👉 Fernando's entire autumn path lasted 71 days. During this time he made only one, but a very long (53 days) stop for foraging between Bucharest and the Danube. The length of the path from Poland to Ethiopia was 4900 km💪.
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation (all pics from the FB post)

the whole autumn migration path

Fernando's migration path in Africa

the night resting places
15.10 - on the rocks: 260 metres above the sea level
https://i.postimg.cc/fL0k5Wt2/2023-10-2 ... 3690-n.jpg
16.10 - on the rocks: 961 metres above the sea level
https://i.postimg.cc/0N4bpKQK/2023-10-2 ... 3763-n.jpg
17.10 - on the rocks: 1200 metres above the sea level
https://i.postimg.cc/wBM1yQ6d/2023-10-2 ... 6984-n.jpg
18.10 - on the rocks: 860 metres above the sea level
https://i.postimg.cc/139nPZ2X/2023-10-2 ... 1681-n.jpg
19.10 - on the ground: 1640 metres above the sea level
https://i.postimg.cc/ZKPB1qfX/2023-10-2 ... 5103-n.jpg
Justyna

Post by Justyna »

edit (marika) translation - see the next post viewtopic.php?p=25801#p25801

5 grudnia 2023
#bocianyczarneonline 💚FAGO NADAJE🥳
Fago (wyleciała z gniazda 8.08.2022 r.) tegoroczne lato spędziła na Węgrzech. Podczas jesiennej wędrówki 26 i 27.09.2023 w Turcji spotkała się nawet ze swoim bratem – Figo🥰. Ale dalej leciały już niezależnie.
Fago po przelocie przez Saharę początkowo zatrzymała się w Sudanie, później przeniosła się do Etiopii, a z Etiopii poleciała jeszcze do Sudanu Południowego.
🐟Żeruje najczęściej w wysychających oczkach wodnych oraz w kanałach melioracyjnych nawadniających pola uprawne. W takim terenie brakuje drzew, jest więc zmuszona do nocowania na wysokich słupach sieci energetycznej.
W poszukiwaniu dogodnych terenów żerowiskowych Fago pokonuje duuuże odległości... 💪W październiku 2023 w Afryce przeleciała (nie licząc przelotu przez Saharę) 2029 km😎, a w listopadzie przeleciała już 1748 km. Łącznie w październiku i listopadzie 2023 latając między Sudanem, Etiopią i Sudanem Południowym Fago przeleciała 3777 km👏👏👏.
Figo nie dał jeszcze znaku życia po przelocie przez Saharę, a Fernando cały czas przebywa w NW Etiopii.
info: prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego
Lasy Państwowe👌

Image Image

Image Image
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

FB Regionalna Dyrekcja Lasów Państwowych w Łodzi
https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... cale=lt_LT
5 December 2023

translation (GT with some little corrections)

💚 FAGO IS TRANSMITTING 🥳.

FAGO (she left the nest on August 8, 2022) spent this summer in Hungary. During the autumn migration on September 26 and 27, 2023 in Turkey, she even met her brother - Figo 🥰. But they continued to fly independently.
After flying through the Sahara, Fago initially stopped in Sudan, then moved to Ethiopia, and from Ethiopia she flew to South Sudan.
🐟 She feeds most often in drying ponds and in drainage channels irrigating farmland/agricultural fields. Such terrain lacks trees/There are no trees in this area, so she is forced to spend the night on the high poles of the power grid.
In search of convenient feeding grounds, Fago travels long distances.... 💪 In October 2023 in Africa it flew (not counting the flight across the Sahara) 2029 km 😎, and in November she had already flown 1748 km. In total, in October and November 2023 flying between Sudan, Ethiopia and South Sudan, Fago flew 3777 km👏👏👏.

FIGO has not yet shown any sign of life after flying through the Sahara, and FERNANDO (hatched 2023) is still in NW Ethiopia.
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Our Black stork calendar can be downloaded here viewtopic.php?p=25824#p25824

Justyna

Post by Justyna »

edit (marika): translation next post viewtopic.php?p=26349#p26349

#bocianyczarneonline 🌍BOCIANIE WIEŚCI
💚Fernando zimuje w północnej Etiopii, na Wyżynie Abisyńskiej, 170 km na wschód od jeziora Tana. To największe jezioro Etiopii i właśnie z tego jeziora bierze początek Nil Błękitny. Od najwyższego szczytu Etiopii – Ras Daszan (4550 m n.p.m.) dzieli go 98 km. Góra ta to wygasły wulkan🏔, czwarta pod względem wysokości góra Afryki. Leży na Wyżynie Abisyńskiej w górach Semien.
Przez cały listopad i grudzień 2023 Fernando poruszał się po stosunkowo niewielkim obszarze około 30 x 30 km, czyli 900 km2. Miesięcznie przelatywał (loty podczas żerowania i pomiędzy żerowiskami) około 800 km, czyli około 26 km dziennie. Żerował nad niewielkimi ciekami. Do nocowania wybierał 🌳drzewa rosnące nad strumieniami lub w przypadku braku drzew nocował bezpośrednio na ziemi na odkrytym terenie👀.
🧐Przez cały listopad i grudzień 2023 przebywał na wysokości od 1500 do 2000 m n.p.m., średnio na wysokości 1750 m, czyli mniej więcej na wysokości jeziora Tana (1788 m n.p.m).
Od Figo i Fago na razie nie mamy nowych informacji.
✍️prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, Uniwersytet Łódzki
Lasy Państwowe
Wojewódzki Fundusz Ochrony Środowiska i Gospodarki Wodnej w Łodzi

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Regionalna Dyrekcja Lasów Państwowych w Łodzi
FB news https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... XZ2H5Qkqol

GT (without corrections yet)

BREAKING NEWS

💚 FERNANDO winters in northern Ethiopia, on the Abyssinian Plateau, 170 km east of Lake Tana. This is Ethiopia's largest lake and the Blue Nile originates from this lake. From Ethiopia's highest peak - Ras Dasshan (4550 m above sea level) is 98 km away. This mountain is an extinct volcano🏔, the fourth highest mountain in Africa. It lies on the Abyssinian plateau in the mountains of Semien.
Throughout November and December 2023 Fernando moved around a relatively small area of about 30 x 30 km, which is 900 km2. Monthly he flew (flights during feeding and between feeding fields) about 800 km, or about 26 km a day. He was feasting on the small spills. He chose 🌳trees growing above streams to sleep over or in case there were no trees he slept directly on the ground in the open area👀.
🧐 Throughout November and December 2023 it was at an altitude of 1500 to 2000 m above sea level, an average height of 1750 m, which is approximately at the height of Lake Tana (1788 m above sea level).
We do not have any new information from Figo and Fago yet.
✍️Peter Zieliński,
Justyna wrote: 09 Jan 2024, 09:40
Hi Justyna :-) thank you for sharing this good news about Fernando. My fingers are still crossing for him and all others black storks as well.

Return to “Poland”